Three islands disappeared in the past year. Is climate …
The same forces that sunk the remote islands could put coastlines around the world at risk, scientists say.
Islands That Will Disappear in the Next 80 Years
· The DOI says the entire island will be gone within the next 20 years. One resident, Esau Sinnok, says he’s had to move in and out of 13 houses due to the loss of land.
We are destroying rainforests so quickly they may be …
· Every year about 18m hectares of forest – an area the size of England and Wales – is felled. In just 40 years, possibly 1bn hectares , the equivalent of Europe, has gone.
Why half of the life you experience is over by age 7
· As you scroll through the years, you notice that each year takes significantly less time to pass by than the first. By the time you’re eight, a year is only 12.5 percent of your life. By 18, that
10 times ‘experts’ predicted the world would end by …
· Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, while selling her “Green New Deal”, said that the world will end in 12 years if nothing is done to address climate change.
Gone with the Wind (1939)
Directed by Victor Fleming, George Cukor, Sam Wood. With Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Thomas Mitchell, Barbara O’Neil. A manipulative woman and a roguish man conduct a turbulent romance during the American Civil War and Reconstruction periods.
New Year’s History Facts
Though sung on New Year’s Eve since the mid-19th century, it became firmly cemented as a holiday standard when Guy Lombardo and the Royal Canadians played it during a radio broadcast from New
Malls are doomed: 25% will be gone in 5 years
· Doomed malls: Study says 25% will close within five years. Most stock quote data provided by BATS. Market indices are shown in real time, except for the DJIA, which is delayed by two minutes.
Cost of college increased by more than 25% in the last …
· During the 1978 – 1979 school year, it cost the modern equivalent of $17,680 per year to attend a private college and $8,250 per year to attend a public college.By the 2008 – 2009 school year
News and Events Year-by-Year
What day of the week were you born? What day of the week is July 4, 2010? Use the perpetual calendar to see any calendar in the future or back as far as 1583.
National Air Quality: Status and Trends of Key Air …
· EPA sets national air quality standards for six common air pollutants. Each year EPA tracks the levels of these air pollutants in the air. EPA posts the results of our analyses to
World Population by Year
Population growth through history from 5000 BC to the current year (2021) for the entire population of the world Yearly Change Net Change Density (P/Km²) Urban Pop Urban Pop % 2020 7,794,798,739 1.05 % 81,330,639 52 4,378,993,944 56 % 2019 7,713,468,100
Only 60 Years of Farming Left If Soil Degradation …
top soil takes 1,000 years, and if current rates of degradation continue all of the world’s top soil could be gone within 60 years, a senior UN official said on Friday. About a third of the world
Over 50% of mall department stores to close by 2021: …
More than 50% of the department stores anchoring America’s malls are going to close permanently by the end of next year, a new report from Green Street Advisors predicts. There are about 1,000
US minimum wage by year
· The US minimum wage, which started at 25 cents in 1938, has been raised by Congress 22 times. Scroll over CNN’s interactive chart to see the minimum wage by year, through
SoundCloud – Listen to free music and podcasts on …
How the chance of breaking up changes the longer your …
· But once a relationship lasts a year, the likelihood that it ends begins to drop precipitously. Over the first five years, the rate falls by roughly 10 percentage points each year, reaching about